Sunday, March 29, 2009

3/29/09





I started planting a few things in the front yard. I'm about two weeks early for the frost date, but I had weather.com send me notifications if we're supposed to have frost so that I can cover everything up. I would really like these things to be done before Easter weekend, and I'm very impatient :)

Anyway, I planted a few things in the small spot in front of the slab that's been bugging me since we've moved in. I know it's still pretty bare but I want to put something big in the corner and I don't want them to crowd each other out. I chose the bright mulch because I think it'll look sweet when our tree blooms, and really bring out the colors of each other. Since the house is accented with blue I wanted some blue flowers.

From front to back: Perennial salvia, periwinkle, perennial Lithordora 'Grace Ward'.

Also, I trimmed the lower branches of our tree and mulched around it. Our lawnmower is already broken so :( The lawn will just have to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment